Thursday, February 24, 2011

Project Food Budget: Week 7, Getting Healthy

I haven't been eating too much this week because I wasn't feeling good. But really, that's all the more reason to eat balanced meals every day. This week, I'm going to make a shopping list for nutrients and weight loss. I haven't run out of any staples, so I decided that I'm going to buy $15 worth of vegetables and a box of $4 flax seed cereal. Then I'm going to go through some awesome vegan blogs, cookbooks, and recipe sites, and make the healthiest, easiest meals I can find.

I've got Veganomicon and a couple of whole foods cookbooks, as well as tons of pretty good recipe blogs favorited.

There's not much I can say for this past week, but I'll try to post another update before next Thursday.

Other participating blogs:
Reluctant Vegetarian
Maria Marz
Veggie Converter
Ashley's Dairy Free Cooking Blog
Motor City Girl In the Steel City
Veggie Burgher
Baked Beans and Broccoli...Vegetarian Budgeting
Sweet Rehab
The Happy Cactus
The Vegetarian Salmon
Test Kitchen Tuesday
Newly Vegan
Always Sick and Tired
Veggie on the Cheap
MeloMeals: Vegan For $3.33 A Day

1 comment:

  1. good luck with the cooking! you'll have to post what you've tried and what you've liked. :)

    ReplyDelete