Thursday, February 3, 2011

Project Food Budget: Week 4, Major Slacking


Well, my eating healthier and cooking more goals were not achieved. I would probably have tried harder if it were not for school starting up again. I happened to get a terrible schedule that couldn't be avoided: 3 night classes (3 hours each!), one day time class twice a week, and a 3-hour Saturday morning class! So between doing homework, staying up late, and spending so much time on campus... I haven't had much time to think about eating right, much less actually do it.

The good news is that I'll be under budget this week. When I "cooked," I only ate my famous lazy pasta dishes... all I needed was my leftover peanut sauce, and the pasta, marinara sauce, and nutritional yeast that I already had. Today, I was desperate enough to buy a footlong Veggie Delite from Subway ($5). If I go shopping tomorrow or this weekend, which I hopefully will, it will only be for some fresh produce for recipes, not totaling more than another $5. That's $10 less than, or half of, my $20 budget. Awesome!

Now, I know the lack of time is just an excuse. There are lots of blogs, websites and books out there devoted to telling someone how to live who has a low budget and little time. And I already know that I have plenty of supplies on hand to make sandwiches or wraps... besides that, I can make anything that tastes good cold, pack it in my old insulated lunchbox, and be set for the day.

* Read and utilize information on fast, low budget meals.
* Buy nothing but fresh produce, whatever I have to do.
* Do one yoga video from YouTube every day. (Unrelated, but I'm getting out of shape.)

We'll see what happens. Here are the other participants this week:
Reluctant Vegetarian
Maria Marz
Veggie Converter
Ashley's Dairy Free Cooking Blog
Beauty, Fitness, and Health...Oh My!
Motor City Girl In the Steel City
Veggie Burgher
Baked Beans and Broccoli...Vegetarian Budgeting
Sweet Rehab
The Happy Cactus
The Vegetarian Salmon
Test Kitchen Tuesday
Newly Vegan
Always Sick and Tired

1 comment:

  1. everyone has an off week. maybe it will get easier as you get the hang of your new schedule.

    ReplyDelete