Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Amanda's Easy, Delicious Soup & Salad Pasta!


This is an easy pasta dish I discovered yesterday, perfect for a pantry sweep. I made up the clever title "Soup & Salad Pasta" because the sauce is made up of greens and soup. This is more of a guide than a recipe, so use your own judgment and experiment with different kinds!

Ingredients:
• 1/2 package (or 1/2 lb.) pasta [I used white Rigatoni]
• 1/2 cup greens, or as desired, torn into small pieces [I used kale]
• 1/2 cup cream soup or flavorful broth, or as desired [I used Imagine brand Creamy Butternut Squash Soup]
• Toppings or seasonings, as desired

Instructions:
1.) Cook the pasta al-dente, as instructed on the box. Rinse with cold water when finished, then return it to the pot.

2.) Pour the soup on first, then the greens, then any other seasonings you wish to use. Mix very well.

3.) Turn the stove back on medium, stirring frequently. The soup should thicken into more of a sauce. If it doesn't thicken within 5 minutes, add a SMALL amount of thickener such as flour or cornstarch. Cook until heated up, and serve.

I am hoping to start eating and living healthier this summer. (My break is going to start in a week, after I complete my final exams.) Stay tuned for more adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment