Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Easiest Pasta with Peanut Sauce!



I guess I'm going to start posting recipes now. I was really bored with what I was eating, so I decided to start trying out new things with what's in my kitchen. I really had a craving for peanut sauce, but I didn't have too many important ingredients. So I found this simple Thai Peanut Sauce recipe and adapted it based on what I had already and how it came out. The end result was delicious! But you can change it as you see fit.

Ingredients:
1/3 cup peanut butter
3 tbsp. water
2 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. apple sauce (I used tropical fruit sauce!)
1 tbsp. minced ginger (or 1/2 tbsp. ground ginger)
1/2 tsp. brown sugar
1 clove minced garlic (or 1/2 tsp. garlic powder)
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
Pasta of your choice (I used one serving size of spaghetti)

Boil water for your pasta, and cook according to directions. While it's cooking, mix all of the other ingredients well in a bowl. Drain the pasta, but reserve a small amount of water if the sauce seems too thick. Return the pasta to the pot and add the peanut sauce. Mix well and serve!

Let me know if you have any (easy!) changes to make to it.

1 comment:

  1. This is great! I omitted the apple sauce and added ground mustard and a dash of apple cider vinegar (I saw that suggested on a different recipe) and replaced the garlic powder with garlic salt. It's exactly what I was hoping for! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete